Hallmark of Excellence
The Association for Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) is the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools. This accreditation is offered only to schools that meet strict academic standards and program requirements. Less than 5% of all business schools in the world have earned this hallmark of excellence. To maintain accreditation, a business school must undergo a rigorous internal review every five years and demonstrate a continuing commitment to the AACSB quality standards relating to faculty qualification, strategic management of resources, interactions with faculty and students, as well as a commitment to continuous improvement and achievement of learning goals in degree programs.
In addition, the University of Mississippi is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees.
Student Learning Goals
- Demonstrate best practices and knowledge in the area of business
- Think critically when evaluating business decisions
- Communicate effectively in professional situations
- Write and deliver presentations in a professional manner
- Use and apply quantitative skills to analyze business problems