General Business-Online – Eligibility
We’re excited that you are considering the General Business-Online Program at the University of Mississippi. As a student, you’ll have the opportunity to complete your bachelor’s degree online and earn your diploma.
Determine Your Eligibility
We accept transfer students and students previously enrolled at the University of Mississippi, that have been away from the University for one year. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, so you won’t have to wait long to know if you’ve been accepted.
Transfer students must have at least 60 hours of prerequisite courses before applying to the program. If you are just a few credits shy of the 60 hours, reach out to an admissions advisor to discuss your options.
Review Transfer Requirements
Before applying, complete the following steps:
- Review prerequisite course requirements
- Use the University of Mississippi transfer course equivalencies webpage either by institution or by course name to see how the courses you’ve taken match up with those currently required by the School of Business for a better sense of whether you fulfill the prerequisites. If you don’t see your school or course listed, don’t worry. This simply means your selections have not yet been articulated, but they could be once you apply.
- Connect with an admissions advisor at (662) 915-2894 or General_Business@go.olemiss.edu to find out more about the admissions process and application.
How to Apply
To apply to the University of Mississippi General Business-Online program, you must:
- Complete the application form
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges previously attended for evaluation
- Pay the University application fee for Mississippi residents or nonresident
*Additional transfer conditions may apply. Please contact an admissions advisor to find out more about the transfer process.
Once you enroll at The University of Mississippi, all previously completed coursework will be evaluated. All accepted credits will go toward your permanent academic record. In addition to showing completion of general requirement and degree coursework, accepted credits will be factored into your cumulative GPA.
As you go through the credit evaluation process:
- Outside of fulfilling general education requirements, individual schools or colleges at The University of Mississippi will determine which credits will be applied toward your degree program.
- Credits by examination can count toward no more than half of the hours required for your degree program. The University evaluates Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), CLEP, Cambridge Assessment International Education program, advanced standing examination, and placement examination scores, in addition to educational experiences in the Armed Forces.
- If you’re attempting to transfer credits from an institution located outside of the US, you’ll need to submit official transcripts to the University and World Education Services (WES) for evaluation. Transcripts not in English will need to be translated ahead of time.
University policy on the transfer of credit hours is described in the Academic Regulations chapter of the Undergraduate Catalog under Transfer Credit. That catalog can be found here: https://catalog.olemiss.edu/academics/regulations/credit/transfer
You must provide official transcripts (not duplicated or faxed copies) from each college attended, including any at which you were enrolled while in high school.